Location: Cape Town
Size: Less than 50
Contact: Marietha Spies
At African Unity, we are progressive in our thinking, yet calculated in the management of our clients. We believe in offering Financial Advisors and clients products that are agile, easy to understand and valuable in every sense of the word
What problem is the customer facing?
African Unity deal with numerous processes in their organisation based around insurance needs. The processes involve administration of processes requested by clients. African Unity were dealing with this process through email, as such tickets were logged as an email received. Due to the nature of the business African Unity had a number of SLA’s that they needed to achieve in terms of response time and ticket completion for their Administration workdesk. AU were unable to:
- Track tickets through the process and understand what status a ticket sat in.
- Understand ticket allocation per staff member
- Understand metrics around meeting the SLAs
- When allocating ticket they had no indication of where the ticket was logged and for whom
- AU were unable to allocate subtasks and assign them to individuals
What have they done to resolve the issue ?
The team attempted to solve the solution through mailboxes for specific processes, however they found the mailboxes got cluttered and became impossible to track where in the process they were with any given task.
What other products/services where they currently using?
How did they find GTconsult?
African Unity heard about Gtconsult through word of mouth in the insurance industry
Why did they go with GTconsult Services/Solution?
“Feedback from two of GTconsult’s other clients were good. In African unity’s own experience – GTconsult is solution driven and get the job done.”
– Maretha Spies, CRO
Enabled By GTconsult
Office 365 Intranet
The first port of call for change management reasons was to design an intranet landing on SharePoint Online. African Unity were new to Office 365 and had not wokred on SharePoint before, as such the landing page provided a needed introduction to the technology. The policy administration workbench solutions was built to manage tickets requests. The solution exposed the following functionality:
Policy administration workbench
- Responsive Application Framework using jQuery, RestAPI and a number of jQuery plugins
- Security driven navigation and functions for different roles in the process
- The ability to capture tickets into the workbenches either manually or via email.
- Rights for a router to assign tickets.
- Client notifications of process, ticket numbers and status changes
- Track ticket and user history
- Assign SLA based on ticket types
- Auto assign and manually assign sub tasks for tickets
- Specially categorised subtask types
- One to many relationship between tickets and tasks
- Track and push notifications for internal feedback, ticket allocation and client feedback
- Status tracking and SLA tracking
- Search for tickets
- Matching Similar and Related tickets
- Upload documentation against a client
- Archiving of data
- Processes to track information awaiting and to remind agents of information on given dates
- Bulk Assign tickets and tasks to users
- Provide real-time drill down reports for managers to monitor SLA, task allocation, Age analysis and user metrics
- TV dashboards for teams to self-monitor metrics
3 weeks initial implementation
Field level security for tickets dependant on rights of signed in user. Caching of data and refreshes – With the minimal download strategy of SharePoint and Office 365 we found roll out of version to be problematic due to historic libraries being cached. This was mostly prevalent in Chrome which was the main browser used by the client
Return On Investment (ROI).
– Maretha Spies, CRO
Thoughts on GT
“GTconsult is solution driven and get the job done.” – Maretha Spies, CRO
GTconsult Team Quotes
“African Unity likes to provide us with challenges, and we enjoy that. The team require systems to grow to the next level and achieve their requirements, yet always pushed the GTconsult team to keep pushing for enhancements and try new techniques. The toolsets used allowed for rapid development with GTconsult’s strong JS and REST API knowledge resulted in a product we are proud to label as ours, responsive, performance oriented and easy to use all built on Office 365.”
– Craig Tarr | Chief Operating Officer