Position Title – Technical Manager
Reports to: COO
GTconsult is looking for a senior team manager and SharePoint / Office 365 consultant. The individual should be excited about new Microsoft productivity stack concepts, able to chat to both business and end developers and not afraid to get their hands dirty all the while bringing fresh creative ideas to the table.
WHO YOU WILL BE WORKING WITH
At GTconsult we design, develop and implement secure productivity solutions for companies around the world leveraging the SharePoint and Office 365 platform. We have offices in South Africa, United Kingdom and United states. Our clients range across multiple industries from mining to retail, insurance to health care and banking to telecoms. Our go to solutions start from company intranets which enable companies become more governed and organized. Our Workbench solutions take productivity to a new level embracing out of the box configurations with custom workflows and front end code to create unique custom solutions for any company.
Check out some of our case studies to find out more.
The Technical Manager is responsible for the championing of the team responsible for the development and design of major and minor web applications and components for client intranets, workflows, solutions and extranet system as well as graphic and component design of mobile apps.
The team manager will assist the developers to design, develop, test and deliver intranets and solutions on the Microsoft SharePoint platform. They will be responsible for quality and team guidance. Any enhancements and defect resolution will be required on an ongoing basis. They will drive best practices and design methods will be utilized to ensure the success of the projects. They will be comfortable meeting with clients, putting together specification and identifying roles for their developers.
They will be required to have experience in development of solutions, architecture of solutions and problem-solving skills with various technologies.
Flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while delivering quality work by tight deadlines, are key attributes of this individual.
- Operates effectively as a member and manager of the GTconsult team.
- Also operates effectively as an individual for quick turnaround of enhancements and fixes.
- Responsible for meeting expectations and deliverables on time and in high quality.
- Responsible for the development of SharePoint applications and components and leading the team that produces these solutions
- Responsible for the architecture of solutions, design and development of web pages, graphics, multimedia, GUIs.
- Effectively develops in a clean, well structured, easily maintainable format.
- Utilizes story boarding and graphic pre-designs where appropriate.
- Demonstrates creative, technical and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments, to internal technical team members and external, technical, and non-technical, stakeholders
- Demonstrates rigid quality management standards
- Demonstrates ability to lead and coach team
- Responsible for team growth, budgets and hiring
- Experience in developing websites and/or web applications.
- Minimum of 4 years of web design and development experience with portfolio is required. Solid understanding of navigation and GUI for maximizing usability.
- Front-end and back-end development experience beneficial. More important is the experience of seamless integration of front-to back-end functionality.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment.
- BS / BA university degree or design diploma a plus but not required.
- REST API knowledge/integration.
- SharePoint experience is essential.
- Microsoft teams experience is essential
- Office 365 / Azure experience.
- Experience in creating workflows using SharePoint Designer
- Extensive SharePoint knowledge both on premises and online versions
- Ability to understand the limits of out of the box
- 2+ years’ experience in the following technologies:
- Power Automate (Microsoft Flow)
- PowerApps and building Apps and Forms
- Microsoft Teams
- Must be capable in leading workshops with customers to understand their needs
REMUNERATION AND PERKS
- Up to R 850 000 per annum base annual salary
- Medical Aid Hospital plan
- Provident Fund
- Travel allowance
- International/National Travel
- Work from home and flexy hours
- Offices located in Cape Town and Durban fully stocked fridge
- Unlimited leave policy