Position Title – SharePoint Developer
Reports to: Operations Manager
GTconsult is looking for an experienced SharePoint / Office 365 consultant to join as a senior member of our growing development team. This individual should be excited about the Microsoft productivity stack and enjoy creating productivity solutions in SharePoint and the Power Platform.
WHO YOU WILL BE WORKING WITH
At GTconsult we design, develop and implement secure productivity solutions for companies around the world leveraging the SharePoint and Office 365 platform. We have offices in South Africa, United Kingdom and United states. Our clients range across multiple industries from mining to retail, insurance to health care and banking to telecoms. Our go to solutions start from company intranets which enable companies become more governed and organized. Our Workbench solutions take productivity to a new level embracing out of the box configurations with custom workflows and front end code to create unique custom solutions for any company.
Check out some of our case studies to find out more.
Flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while delivering quality work by tight deadlines, are key attributes of this individual.
- Responsible for ensuring that client expectations and deliverables are met on time and in high quality
- Assist in day to day architecting and solution design
- Act as a technical lead for regional projects and resolve technical issues that may arise during project execution
- Consult with clients to determine Functional and Technical requirements and specifications
- Compile Functional Specifications for all projects within region and ensure that these are discussed with the delivery team prior to development phase of the project
- Compile Technical Specifications for internal use where need or required
- Assist development team in daily tasks and act as the final escalation point for project issues and support tickets within region
- Mentor junior team members on solutions and best practices
- Be proficient in building workflows using Microsoft Flow and SharePoint Designer.
- Be proficient in building custom forms, using Microsoft PowerApps, InfoPath, or custom HTML with lightweight jQuery if needed.
- Be proficient in configuring SharePoint using OOTB functionality
- Be proficient in building SharePoint page layouts, search configuration, custom web parts, master pages, etc.
- Understand the limitations and best practices of customizing SharePoint
- Be familiar with the limitations of SharePoint Online and SharePoint On-Premise
- Always attend daily standup meetings and raise project issues and concerns with Project Manager
- Assist with client support queries and provide professional feedback to clients when dealing with support requests
- Ensure that daily timesheets are captured
- Complete the necessary training assigned by Manager within the agreed timelines
- In the event of absence ensure that support and project handovers are done in full
- Extensive SharePoint knowledge both on premises and online versions is essential.
- 2+ years’ experience in the following technologies:
- Power Automate (Microsoft Flow)
- PowerApps and building Apps and Forms
- Microsoft Teams
- Office 365 / Azure experience is beneficial.
- BS / BA university degree or design diploma a plus but not required.
- Experience in developing websites and/or web applications.
- Minimum of 4 years of web design and development experience with portfolio is required. Solid understanding of navigation and GUI for maximizing usability.
- Front-end and back-end development experience beneficial. More important is the experience of seamless integration of front-to back-end functionality.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment.
- REST API knowledge/integration.
- Experience in creating workflows using SharePoint Designer.
- Ability to understand the limits of out of the box.
- Must be capable in leading workshops with customers to understand their needs
- Agile/Scrum experience is a plus
REMUNERATION AND PERKS
- Medical Aid Hospital plan
- Provident Fund
- Work from home and flexy hours
- Offices located in Cape Town and Durban fully stocked fridge