Reports to: Support Team Manager
We are looking for an experienced and confident support technician to join our support team. The suitable candidate should have excellent technical knowledge of Microsoft technologies, especially SharePoint, Office 365 and Azure. Outstanding communication skills are a must-have, as are a positive attitude, and a desire for continuous learning.
WHO YOU WILL BE WORKING WITH
At GTconsult we design, develop and implement secure productivity solutions for companies around the world leveraging the SharePoint and Office 365 platform. We have offices in South Africa, United Kingdom and United States. Our clients range across multiple industries from mining to retail, insurance to health care and banking to telecoms. Our go to solutions start from company intranets which enable companies become more governed and organized. Our Workbench solutions take productivity to a new level embracing out of the box configurations with custom workflows and front end code to create unique custom solutions for any company.
Check out some of our case studies to find out more.
The Support Engineer will report to the Support Team Manager. We are looking for an experienced and confident technician to support both internally and GTconsult’s clients. This role will include communicating with clients both verbally and in writing, so good communication skills are essential. You will need to have an in-depth understanding of Microsoft technologies, especially SharePoint, Office 365 and Azure, and the platforms associated. You will be expected to resolve issues in a timely manner and not be afraid of challenging issues. GTconsult’s clients want to stay up to date with the latest new releases so you will be expected to keep your knowledge fresh and never stop learning.
GTconsult’s A-Team for support provides our clients with helpdesk, maintenance and project services across South Africa and the world. On a day to day basis this role may be answering support tickets, looking into a new technology, or supporting a client to migrate their data into SharePoint online.
The right candidate will be someone who loves to problem solve and is comfortable dealing with a challenging technical issue, but can also speak to a client and explain in layman’s terms what is happening and exactly what has been done.
Communicate effectively and accurately with clients and colleagues.
Demonstrate urgency when required.
Ability to maintain composure in pressured situations and focus on execution and delivery.
Motivated by technical challenges and ability to research and find alternative solutions or workarounds.
Share knowledge with colleagues and clients via writing Knowledge Base articles or other reference methods.
- Must have an IT Qualification/Degree:
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer Certification (MCSE) or equivalent Microsoft certification is essential.
- Exam MS-900: Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
- Exam AZ-500: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies
- Exam MS-100: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services
- Exam MS-101: Microsoft 365 Mobility and Security
- Minimum 5 years working experience supporting Microsoft Technologies
- Two to three years’ experience on Microsoft Office 365 and Azure implementation and support.
- Experience with Office 365 (Exchange Online, Teams & Skype, SharePoint Online, OneDrive, Security & Compliance, AAD and Intune)
Familiarity with VPN clients and Remote Access Clients (Microsoft, Citrix, FortiClient etc).
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Servers (Active Directory, DNS, Web Application, SQL and SharePoint) including:
- Ability to setup and configure a server to Microsoft best practice
- Troubleshoot and resolve system performance issues (High CPU usage, High Memory Usage and High Disk utilization)
- Familiar with Load Balancing
- Perform corrective SharePoint administration, configuration and maintenance as required. Create documentation for any function performed under any competency as directed
- Experience in managing monthly released Microsoft Updates
- Managing and administering Virtualization technologies such as Hyper-V and VMWare
- Managing Internet Information Server (IIS) for example: Monitoring and renewal of Certificates
- PowerShell scripting and automation experience
- Practical experience within a 24/7 support environment
- Communication with clients and record keeping at the highest standard
- Effective communication with line manager regarding potential risks and SLA breaches
- Install and configure SharePoint Environment (SharePoint On-Prem 2010 - 2019).
- Maintaining and Monitoring of a SharePoint environment
- Understanding of SharePoint Patching and the requirements around it
- Technical support for SharePoint users
Migration experience is a plus:
- SharePoint On-Prem to SharePoint On-Prem
- SharePoint On-Prem to SharePoint Online
- FileShare to SharePoint Online
- SharePoint Online to SharePoint Online
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Is able to think and work quickly to remedy system shutdowns or serious software problems.
Ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while delivering quality work by tight deadlines.
Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment.