A-Team Support Manager
GTconsult’s A-Team for Support provides our clients with helpdesk, maintenance and project services across the world, with a focus on SharePoint, Office 365 and Azure.
We are looking for a manager to take on the Support team and make it their own, bring in fresh ideas and knowledge, and lead our talented and enthusiastic team members. This is an opportunity for an experienced and talented individual looking to run their own team with minimal interference from above.
This role will include both people managing and hands-on working on projects. You will be required to communicate with clients both verbally and in writing, so good communication skills are essential. You will need to have an in-depth understanding of Microsoft technologies, especially SharePoint, Office 365 and Azure, and the platforms associated. You will be the escalation point for issues and risks so should be confident in your abilities, and calm under pressure.
This person would ideally be based in Cape Town however could also be based in Durban.
· Excellent communicator
· Excited about leading teams and continuous improvement
· Ability to maintain composure in pressured situations and focus on execution and delivery
· Motivated by technical challenges and ability to research and find alternative solutions or workarounds
· Positive, can-do attitude is essential
- Experience managing busy support teams
- Minimum 10 years working experience supporting Microsoft Technologies
- Must have relevant IT Qualification/Degree
o Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer Certification (MCSE) or equivalent Microsoft certifications is essential.
- Advanced knowledge of Office 365 (Exchange Online, Teams, SharePoint Online, OneDrive, Security & Compliance, AAD and Intune)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience on Microsoft Office 365 and Azure implementation and support.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Windows Servers. (Active Directory, DNS, Web Application, SQL and SharePoint)
o Ability to setup and configure a server to Microsoft best practice.
o Troubleshoot and resolve system performance issues (High CPU usage, High Memory Usage and High Disk utilization).
o Familiar with Load Balancing
o Perform corrective SharePoint administration, configuration and maintenance as required. Create documentation for any function performed under any competency as directed.
o Experience in managing monthly released Microsoft Updates
o Managing and administering Virtualization technologies such as Hyper-V and VMWare
o Managing Internet Information Server (IIS) for example: Monitoring and renewal of Certificates
o PowerShell scripting and automation experience
- Familiarity with VPN clients and Remote Access Clients (Microsoft, Citrix, FortiClient etc).
Advanced knowledge of SharePoint On-Prem is highly advantageous:
o Install and configure SharePoint Environment (SharePoint On-Prem 2010 - 2019).
o Maintaining and Monitoring of a SharePoint environment
o Understanding of SharePoint Patching and the requirements going around it.
o Possesses strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
o Experience providing technical support for SharePoint users.
SharePoint migration experience is essential:
o Migration assessments
o Experience using ShareGate or similar tools
o SharePoint On-Prem to SharePoint On-Prem
o SharePoint On-Prem to SharePoint Online
o FileShare to SharePoint Online
o SharePoint Online to SharePoint Online
- Salary dependent on experience
- Medical Aid Hospital plan after one-year service
- Provident Fund after one-year service
- Work from home and flexy hours
- 20 days annual leave